I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me.
Philippians 4:13

Monday, February 4, 2013

Tablescapes Seminar



Hello Again From The French Hen's Nest,


   I recently attended a seminar on creating beautiful tablescapes, by using what you have on hand around your home.  It was given by La Bella Luce, the lovely antique store in historic Clifton, Va.  Brenda, the manager, and Michele demonstrated a number of themes that you can create.  They did such a great job, and it was very inspiring.  I'm going to share  their table settings with you, and hopefully you will be inspired as well. 



Brenda and Michelle of La Bella Luce



                     
   The first table is a study in Black, Red and White.  I absolutely love the paisley black and white table cloth.  They have a huge selection of tablecloths imported from France.  Would love to have this one.



Don't you love these colors together?  Very dramatic.



Table linens from France



   The next table is set for Spring.  Light colors, and flowers look so fresh, makes you feel like Spring is on it's way.  The dishes used are white and  green.  The table runner is actually gift wrap!  Great idea.


The hydrangeas are perfect with this table setting.  Isn't this lovely?
Notice the wreaths on the chair backs.  Nice touch.






Beautiful setting, ready for brunch?


   The next setting, as you can see is for Valentine's Day.  Michelle has used the same tablecloth, added hearts to the chandelier, tall red candle holders, and red and white china, with valentine accents.

This setting would make anyone feel special.

This setting certainly says, Happy Valentine's Day.



   Here, Brenda shows that by changing the flowers and centerpiece of the Spring  setting, you now have an Easter table setting.  


She has incorporated carnival glass in this setting.

Here she has used Santos cage dolls for the centerpiece.  Aren't they lovely? 


Are you ready for spring?

        Santos Cage Dolls, one came home with me.

_________________________________________________________


   Are you ready for Mardi Gras?  This is perfect for a Mardi Gras party.    Each place setting has a mask that was  made in Venice, Italy. The red mask on harlequin paper is the center piece.


Must have beads for a Mardi Gras party!

The high candle sticks are perfect.

Happy Mardi Gras


     I had a great time at the seminar, along with maybe twenty-five other ladies.  All of the place settings were very creative, and  welcoming.  Hope that you find these designs useful.  Like I mentioned before, I was inspired.
Thank you so much La Bella Luce.

Till Nest Time,

Jeannie

We're partying with.....

Cowgirl Up Tuesdays@ Cedar Hill Ranch
Creatively Tuesday @ The Rustic Pig
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays @ Our Delightful Home
The Inspiration Board @ Carolyn's Homework
Time to Shine Party @ A Diamond in the Stuff
Totally Transformed Tuesday @ PJH Designs
Tuesday’s Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Home Wednesdays @ Rose Chintz Cottage
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday @ {Primp}
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters
Think Tank Thursday @ Joyful Homemaking
Time Travel Thursday @ @ Brambleberry Cottage
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits @ Stone Gable
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Find A Friend Friday @ Sew Many Ways
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday @ At The Pickett Fence
Shabbilicious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique
Show and Tell Friday @ Romantic Home
Simple and Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground

Beyond The Picket Fence
TheRusticPigOur Delightful HomehomeworkA Diamond in the StuffPJH DesignsMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Please join me on Wednesdays for my new HOME Party{Primp}Ivy and ElephantsaCenterpiece Wednesdays ButtonFrench Country CottageThe Shabby NestPhotobucketJoin in my "Open House" Blog Party Every  Friday Rooted In Thymevif187





Pin It!

27 comments:

  1. Jeanne this was a wonderfully informative post. I really enjoyed all the tips. My favorite idea was the wreaths on the back of the chairs! Thanks for sharing,
    Leslie (Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie, Thank you so much, so happy you enjoyed it. I love the wreaths as well.
    Thank you so much for visiting The French Hen's Nest.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Jeannie,
    What beautiful table settings. My favourite is the Spring table, I think because it is bright and fresh and I'm looking forward to Spring. The hydrangeas look beautiful.
    The black and white tablecloth from France has an "air" of India about it as you find a lot of paisley patterned material in India.
    Lovely and inspiring post. You must have had great fun.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Daphne,
      It's so nice to hear from you. Thank you so much, the girls did a great job. I'm looking forward to Spring as well, but it has been so cold here, just a couple of months to go, guess I'll make it. So happy you found the post inspiring.
      Till Nest Time,
      Jeannie

      Delete
  4. Loves this tablescapes! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! I'm following your lovely blog!
    Have a nice day! Lorena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lorena, So happy to have you as a member, thank you for your comment.
      Have a great evening.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  5. Great tips! I have lots to learn. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane, Thank you so much for your comment., hope you liked the different settings. Have a great evening.
    Jeannie
    The French Hen's Nest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeannie thanks for sharing I loved all the tables and the tip to use the wrapping paper as your table runner, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth, thank you so much, I thought the paper was a great idea, bought a black and white pattern today.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  8. Oh my that was such a fun post to read and the pictures were so lovely! What a great seminar to go to! Happy to be your newest follower via GFC and looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Danni, Thank you so much, I'm happy that you enjoyed my post. It was a great seminar. So happy to have you following us. I'm going to visit your site and see what you've been up to.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tablescapes are absolutely lovely...You made me want to attend a seminar...Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Becky, If you get the chance, go, it's always nice to see how creative people can be. And get so many ideas as to how you can use theirs.
    Blessings to you,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What lovely placesettings!! Love the flower bowls the best. Thanks for popping by my blog today!

    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Anne, the pink, green and white bowls? Aren't they lovely? Thank you so much for your comment, and you visit.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty table top. Anytime I spy a roo, I know it is going to be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Debbie,
    Thank you so much, you know I love a roo too. Have a great day.
    Jeannie and Linda
    The French Hen's Nest

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those Santos cage figures. I have passed one huge one up at Hobby Lobby for several weeks. Duh! Never thought of using it as a centerpiece. I hope it is still there. Came over from your comment left on my post. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun! Wish I had been there. I loved all of them! Those cage dolls are gorgeous and I think I would have had to come home with one also. Thanks for sharing agian at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the setting with the hydrangeas; it must have been a fun seminar.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jeanie! Thank you so much for your visit and comment. It's so nice to meet you. That seminar would have been a fun one to attend, especially at an antique's store. Great ideas. I just love creating posts by going around the house and finding things I already have to stage a fun photo. Thanks for sharing! Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina, the seminar was great, and they served snacks and wine, which made it even better. I just published some pictures that I took that day, hope you check them out, the store is fab. Nice visiting with you.
      Jeannie

      Delete
  20. I always like looking at tablescapes and seeing what everyone is doing. These are full of inspiration.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Jeannie,
    What a fun seminar to attend with lots of fab inspirations! My favourite has got to be the Spring green tablescape. I also have a roo and I love hydrangeas. Thank you for sharing this with my HOME party. Happy Valentines Day, my friend!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi, Linda and I wish you a Happy Valentines Day.
      Blessings to you,
      Jeannie

      Delete
  22. Thanks so much for sharing this inspirational post at Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love all the wonderful tablescapes, so pretty!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

We Love It When You Comment!